Toronto Boating License Course
Sign up for our online boating course approved by Transport Canada to obtain your official Pleasure Craft Operator Card (PCOC). Drive a Boat Canada is an authorized provider of the Canadian boating license for Toronto residents.
Get your Toronto boat license in 3 simple steps
Do you need a boating license to drive a boat in Toronto?
Yes. In Toronto, it is required to have a boating license, officially known as a Pleasure Craft Operator Card (PCOC), in order to operate a motorized boat. This requirement applies to all boats with motors, regardless of their size or engine power. You can easily obtain your Ontario boat license by taking our online boating course and exam.
How to get a boat license in Toronto
Follow these steps to obtain your boating license in Toronto, Ontario:
- Complete our online boating safety course and successfully pass the online boating exam.
- Immediately print your temporary boating license (PCOC) from the comfort of your home and hit the water without delay.
- Rest easy as your permanent boating license (PCOC) will be mailed to you within 48 hours.
- Enjoy peace of mind knowing that your boating license never expires and can be used anywhere in Canada.
Why study our boating license course?
Drive a Boat Canada is committed to offering an unparalleled learning experience for new boaters in Toronto. Here’s what you can expect with our boating safety course:
Study at your own pace
Get in the driver’s seat of your learning journey with Drive a Boat Canada. Our boating safety course gives you the freedom to learn at your own speed, whether it’s on your laptop or mobile phone, all from the comfort of your own home. No need to stress about passing on your first try – we offer unlimited retries, with no extra charge.
A fun and engaging learning experience
Come experience our exciting boating course, packed with engaging instructional videos and entertaining quizzes. Say farewell to dull reading materials and say hello to a more immersive learning adventure.
Group and family discounts
Drive a Boat Canada doesn’t just offer a standalone boating course for $59.95 CAD. We also have great group and family discounts available! It’s an easy and fun way to learn together.
- 2 People: $49.95 per PCOC
- 3 People: $44.95 per PCOC
- 4 People: $34.95 per PCOC
FAQs about the Toronto boating license
How long does it take to get a boating license in Ontario?
You can get your temporary Pleasure Craft Operator Card (PCOC) in just a few hours! Our boater safety course is designed to be completed quickly, taking only 3-5 hours of your time. You’ll be out on the water in no time!
Does my Toronto boating license expire?
The Pleasure Craft Operator Card (also known as a Canadian boat license) is valid for life, with no expiration date! Plus, there are no annual fees to worry about.
What are the age and horsepower restrictions in Ontario?
In Ontario, if you’re under 16, there are limits on the horsepower of boats you can operate. You can’t operate boats with motors exceeding specific horsepower limits, unless there’s someone 16 or older with proof of competency supervising you on the vessel. You also need to be 16 years or older if you want to operate a personal watercraft (PWC).
What are the best boating destinations in Ontario?
Ontario is brimming with amazing places to set out on the water. Here are some of the top boating destinations in the province:
- Muskoka Lakes: Known as the “Hamptons of the North,” Muskoka is a playground for boaters with its pristine waters, lush forests, and charming towns.
- Georgian Bay: Explore the 30,000 Islands, a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, with endless nooks and crannies to discover.
- Lake Ontario: Toronto’s waterfront offers stunning cityscape views and easy access to the vast waters of Lake Ontario.
- Trent-Severn Waterway: A historic canal system that meanders through beautiful landscapes, perfect for a leisurely cruise.
- Rideau Canal: A UNESCO World Heritage Site, this canal connects Ottawa to Kingston, providing picturesque boating opportunities.
- Lake Huron: Visit Bruce Peninsula and Tobermory for crystal-clear waters and striking rock formations.
- St. Lawrence River: Enjoy a mix of serene nature and vibrant cities as you sail along this mighty waterway.
Whether you’re into scenic cruising, fishing or watersports, Ontario’s boating destinations have something for every water-loving adventurer.
Get your Pleasure Craft Operator Card in Toronto
Getting your Pleasure Craft Operator Card is a fun experience with Drive a Boat Canada. Join over 2 million certified Canadian boaters who have trusted us. Sign up today and get your official boating license in just one afternoon!